10 Tips for SEO
1. Content is king, so be sure to have good, well-written and unique content that will focus on your primary keyword or keyword phrase.
2. Build a network of quality backlinks using your keyword phrase as the link. Remember, if there is no good, logical reason for that site to link to you, you don’t want the link.
3. Be sure you have a unique, keyword focused Title tag on every page of your site.
4. Fresh content can help improve your rankings. Add new, useful content to your pages on a regular basis. Content freshness adds relevancy to your site in the eyes of the search engines.
5. Be sure links to your site and within your site use your keyword phrase. In other words, if your target is “blue widgets” then link to “blue widgets” instead of a “Click here” link.
6. Don’t design your web site without considering SEO. Make sure your web designer understands your expectations for organic SEO.
7. Frames, Flash and AJAX all share a common problem – you can’t link to a single page. It’s either all or nothing. Don’t use Frames at all and use Flash and AJAX sparingly for best SEO results.
8. Use keywords and keyword phrases appropriately in text links, image ALT attributes and even your domain name.
9. Search engines want natural language content. Don’t try to stuff your text with keywords. It won’t work. Search engines look at how many times a term is in your content and if it is abnormally high, will count this against you rather than for you.
10. Not only should your links use keyword anchor text, but the text around the links should also be related to your keywords. In other words, surround the link with descriptive text.